Tuesday, September 20, 2011

A Fair is a Veritable Smorgasbord

So we planned to pick Lucy up from school on Friday so we could go to Walmart and buy a birthday present for the party she was going to the next day. But I realized that there was a Fair in town for that weekend only, and since our Saturday was already pretty booked up, we decided that Friday night was the time to go.

I said to Max, 'Hey Max, do you want to go to the fair?'
Max: "I don't know what that is."
Me: "A Fair is a veritable Smorgasbord!" (Charlotte's Web...Templeton the Rat)
Max: "I don't know what those words mean."

I reminded him of the movie Charlotte's Web and how they went to the fair and there were animals and games and rides and food.

Max: "Yes! I want to do that!"

Decision made.

What did we do at the fair?

We sat on tractors:



We looked at animals:


(Logan is grunting at this pig)


We milked a fake cow:



We ate Corn Dogs while watching the Pony Pulling competition:

We went on rides:

Max REALLY wanted to go on the Ferris Wheel, so I joined him on that, because Lucy really DID NOT want to go on the Ferris wheel.

This was our view from the Ferris Wheel.

it's more fun when you raise your arms like dis!



Lucy and Logan went on the Merri-go-Round with Tyler.


And Lucy and Max went on the Super Slide.


Rides were $3.50 each, so we limited it to 2 each. It was a fun evening. We probably won't bother with the fair in years to come, because it was a bit of a rip off. But it was fun this time.

And this sign was a picture I HAD to take.

No comments: