Saturday, June 29, 2013

Coming Home To See my Babies!

"I'm coming home to see my babies...they're the 3 things that I know for sure!  In a world that's going crazy, they're a matter of survival, my heart and soul revival, swear on a stack a bibles, cross my heart and I will be there for you!  That's the truth!"

Blerg!  What an awful night.  Paddy's convenience did NOT agree with me.  I was tossing and turning all night.  Food poisoning is not how I want to spend a day of travel!  Had a quick shower and some cereal for breakfast at Elaine's before we headed back to St. John's to return our rental car, stop at Toys R Us to get something for Logan, and head to the airport.

We were there super early, but it turned out to be a good thing, because I needed many trips to the bathroom before we got on the plane.

Tons of turbulence didn't help a queasy belly either.  Count-down to seeing my kids is officially on.


Janie had to fly home today as well, so we land in Ottawa at 5:00pm, she flies out at 7:00pm, but needs to be at the airport and checking in between 5:00-5:30pm...so we had fingers crossed that our plane was not delayed in the least.  Fortunately, Susie agreed to watch our kids so they didn't have to make the trip to Ottawa and we were able to link up with Janie to exchange van keys and hugs before she headed home.

I was so excited to see my littles.  6 days is a long time.  But in 6 days I got used to the quiet, and realized very quickly that my kids are loud!  Maybe it'll take me another 6 days to get used to the noise again.  Oh well!

We picked the kids up at Susie's and took them home for souvenir exchanges.  Lucy had made us a sweet dessert to welcome us home.

Present time:  a puffin for Lucy - because that girl can't get enough of stuffies.

The world's LARGEST whoopie cushion for Max - because he can't get enough of farts.  And some cool rocks from NFLD.  A geode and a fossil.

And motorcycles for Logan.  From Toys R Us...when we were in NFLD the first day we saw SO many motorbikes!  I commented to Tyler that Logan would love this place for the motorcycles alone.  There was also supposed to be a motorcycle museum across the street from us, but it was closed up.  Bummer.  We got him motorcycles anyway.

Love my kiddos...and my own bed!  Hallelujah!


No comments: