Sunday, June 16, 2013

Father's Day

We actually had celebrated Father's Day during the week and allowed the kids to give their gifts to dad before we left, so nothing would get lost of squished on our trip.  The kids had made very thoughtful gifts for Tyler at school, writing out things they love about their dad.  Lucy even went as far as to create a likeness of her dad.  So sweet.


We jointly gave him a totally awesome t-shirt.  Which I insisted he actually wear on Father's Day.  Plus, Logan and I had made a special trip to the Queen's Campus bookstore and bought him some cufflinks and a tie-tack.  He doesn't have (or didn't) any Queen's swag and I figured it was about time.

I also made a gift for my dad, but I won't post it yet, because it hasn't made it's way across the country to him yet...and I don't want to spoil the surprise.

We spent the day going to church in Palmyra and then driving to Fort Belvoir Maryland to stay at the Hales house.  They were gracious enough to put us up and provide a nice BBQ dinner and dessert for us to celebrate Father's Day.  We love those Hales folk.

No comments: