Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Canada Day

I love a long weekend.  Especially one that includes fireworks, and food.

We all slept in today and got ourselves ready for Lucy's Canada Day soccer tournament.  The weather was great - a little cloudy so it wasn't too hot to sit on the field and watch 2 games.



They also had firetrucks set up for the kids to check out, a cookie decorating station, and face painting.  It was easy to stay entertained. Plus, good friends always help.





Lucy's team won both of their games by a long shot.  Medals for everyone!




Plus a picture with the trophy.


After soccer we went to our friends for a dip in the pool.  It was cold, but Lucy stuck it out the longest. Then we had BBQ dinner and watched movies while we waited for Fireworks.





I love fireworks.  I love EVERYTHING about fireworks.  The lights, the darkness, the loud bang.  The colors.  Everything.  And I love that my kids are finally old enough to enjoy fireworks with me.

Happy Canada Day!

No comments: