Friday, November 11, 2011

Play Date

Today, Max had his first play date. His very own. There have been many times where we have gone to friend's houses, or they have come to ours to play with Lucy AND Max...but today, it was just Max's friends coming to play with Max. (And Logan).

When we were at the park after school on Wednesday, I got a chance to push Max's two friends and Max on the swings. They were having a riot and kept asking to go higher than the other. I decided it was time for the play-date. I asked them if they would be interested in coming over on Friday, and Jack and Caleb kept asking, "Is tomorrow Friday?" and, "Do you have a backyard?"

It was hard to wait, but Friday finally came. After dropping Lucy off at the bus-stop. The 4 boys and I walked home. It was way too exciting.

We played in the basement with toys (well, they played...I worked out). Then, they coloured for a while. They soon moved upstairs to Max's room to play. There were a few tears when a few of the boys were brave enough to climb up on the bunk-bed...but not all were.


There were tears again when they got hungry. So we headed downstairs for a snack.

Then it was time to clean-up. We got coats and mittens on and headed back down the street to meet up with their day-home mom and to go to the park for a bit.

It was freezing. And the boys were kind of at their limit, but all-in-all I think the play-date was a success. It was great. I'm sure that will be happening again soon. I'm so excited that Max has his own friends. And they're good kids.

No comments: