Sunday, November 20, 2011

I'm So Glad When Daddy Comes Home

On Saturday, we spent most of the day hanging out...waiting. We tidied a bit. We watched a movie. We waited for the time to pass. I made supper. Dad was scheduled to arrive at 5:15pm. That was hard to wait for. But the time finally did come and we barely made it to the airport on time. Isn't that always the way?

The kids peered through the window at his plane...waiting for him to come down those little stairs. It was a connector flight from Toronto to Kingston, so the plane was small...as is our airport. Boy oh boy, do I love the Kingston airport. One tiny waiting area, little parking lot. NOT busy. My kids liked being so close to the planes too.

He arrived. To our pure delight. The kids had made welcome home signs for him too. My nerves were pretty much shot. I had been praying like crazy for 2 days that he would travel safely. I got some paranoid thought on Friday about something happening and I just couldn't shake it for two days. It was suffocating. Random spurts of tears at random times (usually when listening to a sappy song on the radio)...panic.

And as it turned out, he arrived totally safe and as we drove home from the airport, a car in front of us lost it's trailer which went skidding and swerving across the road in front of us, sending sparks flying. Everyone was fine, and Tyler was able to hop out for a few minutes to help the guy reattach his trailer. While he was out there I realized that our trip home wasn't complete yet, and the kids and I said a quick prayer of thanks for his safe arrival, and prayed that we would continue to travel home safe.

He's kinda my life, ya know. I kinda like him.

Anyway, we got home and ate some yummy Mulligatawny soup for dinner while listening to Christmas music. We set up the tree and hung decorations. It was so fun. Logan is very into Christmas and the tree this year. "Don't Touch The Tree" is something I have said MANY times since Saturday.

Dad even came home full of surprises for us. He bought some souvenirs from Banff for the kids (cool rocks, magnets, and pencils that look like trees), and a tree topper for me! Our tree has always been as tall as our house previously so we never had a tree topper on it...this year there is finally room, so he surprised me with a star. It's awesome. OH, and a jar of Salsa from my sister. Dug into that on Sunday afternoon already.

It's so good to have him home. So good. Like, so good. Get it yet? So good. We love him.

No comments: