Monday, November 7, 2011

A Day with Max

Today I got to do something wonderful. I got to spend nearly 2 hours in Max's classroom with him. I was able to visit with his teacher and check on his progress. She gave me a casual report card (the real deal comes out in February), and I was able to watch him do what he does. This is heaven to me.

Not being a part of my kids every moment is very difficult for me. Plus, as most mothers probably feel, when my kids get home from school, I get tiny snip its of their day, but never the whole thing. I want details, they sum-up. So today, I got details.

It was awesome. They read a story with their teacher. The did 'planning board' which is basically centres. Max went to the listening centre with his buddy Jack. They got to listen to a book on tape.

Then we went and played with building things.

He got to show me his writing book, and math book.
It was seriously heaven.

I was able to lay to rest some issues that I was having, by asking the teacher some questions. Max had come home a few times and complained of a boy pinching him, scratching him, or biting him. It's hard to not get your back up and go 'mother-bear' on the situation. The kid is being dealt with. The teacher knows...things are better. It was all good.
Then we got to drive home together. He loved it. I loved it. It was a love fest. Loved it!

No comments: