Thursday, November 24, 2011

If Laughter's the Best Medicine...

So Max is still sick. He was up a number of times through the night with dry-heaves because all he had to eat yesterday was a waffle and a few slices of apple. I felt so bad for his trembling little body. And my sleep was restless as I dreamt about sick kids during my sleeping time, and dealt with sick kids during the awake time. I'm not sure what parts were real and what parts weren't. Oh well. Max was feeling so awful this morning that he begged for a blessing. Begged. What a sweet, humble little spirit. After the blessing, he dry-heaved a few times and then told us he wasn't sick anymore. He ate breakfast, played a game of "Guess Who - Mix & Mash" (so fun) and played around with Logan for a while. I was really hopeful.

Lunchtime comes and he actually makes a few requests. So I oblige and tell him he only has to eat what he wants and as much as he wants (sick is sometimes good). He has 1 pretzel stick and a cucumber and then starts to shiver all over, cuddles in a blanket on the couch and then vomits again. And again. And again. With a few naps in between.

Now he's resting on the couch with a bowl and water bottle watching X-Men. He's watched 17 episodes in the last 3 days. Again, sometimes sick is good.

Tyler made it in to work today, finally, although he's not feeling 100% either. He has to drive to Toronto tonight for a meeting tomorrow and isn't really looking forward to it. Neither am I. I have to admit, that earlier in the week I was. I was thinking about the girlie shows I could watch while he was gone (since it's only one night), and a bed to myself...but now all I'm thinking about is dealing with sick all by myself.

While Max was passed out on the couch and Logan was eating his lunch, I decided to try and make our family out of "Mix&Mash" faces. Here we are:

Lucy -

Logan -

Max - (today, because he's sick)

But normally -

Me -

and Tyler -

Tyler is so cartoonable. I think his looks the most accurate.
Max is SO sick, these didn't even make him laugh. I'm wasting my best stuff here. But Tyler laughed...so obviously he's feeling better. There is hope.

No comments: