Wednesday, November 23, 2011

First Snow

This morning, we woke up to this

Actually, I woke up to Max calling, "Mommy!" at 5:45 this morning. I had a pretty rough night. Tyler's been sick since he got home and now it appears that Max has got it too. Headache, tired, achey. No appetite. Rough. He settled down again around 7, so I went back to bed. I was a little slow going this morning. Lucy came bounding into our room, excited for the day. A firetruck had woken her up...but fortunately it was time to get up anyway. And she came in saying, "I looked outside and it SNOWED!"

Our first snow in Kingston. It's wet. It's white. Looks familiar.

For Logan, however, it's a whole new world! I don't think he remembers snow, so today was fascinating for him. I got him out of his bed and told him I had a surprise for him. His eyes got REALLY big. He was fascinated by the snow on the road and cars. "Cars!"

Lucy and I bundled up for the bus stop. Max is staying home. Logan and I have plans to play in the snow today. Snowman for sure. This wet stuff is perfect for it.



I'm sure I'll get tired of snow eventually, but right now, it's awesome. I have no where to drive. I have a warm house. And the snow is beautiful. Even on my little berry bush.

Max came out for a bit (look how pale he is), but it wiped his energy pretty quickly and he was down for a nap as soon as we went back inside. our little 'no-man'
Poor Max - he's so down and out today. He's just not himself.
When Lucy got home, she wanted to play outside too, so Dad and the boys suited up and joined her.
After dinner, Logan saw our Christmas plate after dinner. "Plate! Plate!" "That's right buddy! Who's on the plate?"
"Jesus!" - Well, he's got the season right anyway.

No comments: