Monday, February 8, 2010

Maybe...Maybe Not

Last night I tossed and turned in bed for many hours, completely uncomfortable, nauseous, and contracting a bit, but not enough to roll over and wake my husband. By 4am I was exhausted and kept thinking to myself...if this is it, I'd like it to just get started instead of this 'faking me out' business...if it's not it, I'd like a little rest please! 4am allowed for that rest. Whether the discomfort and pain stopped, or I was just so exhausted that I couldn't even tell anymore, I'm not sure. I woke up to the stomp, stomp, stomp, of 2-year old feet running down the hallway. I'm grumpy, but trying not to be, and my kids are bit grumpy too. Fun times. As I lay in bed contemplating whether I was really going into labor or not, I thought of all the things I still wanted to get done before this baby comes. Nothing major, but still, I have a list. Mondays are my grocery day, so I'd like to get another load before the baby comes. Wash some laundry; wash some baby bedding; get valentines cards for Lucy to give to her class. I'd really love to have a haircut before too and I have an appointment next Tuesday, but who knows if I'll last that long. It's a debate whether to stick it out for my usual hairstylist who does a good job and I trust, or go to someone who can see me sooner in an effort to just get it done, but risk not being satisfied with the work.

2 comments:

Alison said...

Wait for it... Nothing worse than being tired from having a baby AND hating your hair ;)

janet said...

Why don't you have your doctor strip your membranes? They did it with my third and fourth and I went into labor by that night on both occasions. Had friends say the same thing. Doesn't hurt the baby a bit and if your past 37 weeks, you're full term. If you are that uncomfortable it's just a thought. Also, I would get the hair cut because if the baby comes before the haircut, are you going to have time (or want) to go? I cling to the same hairstylist as well so I know what you mean though.