Wednesday, February 24, 2010

All By Myself

Today, Logan is one week old. One week seems pretty insignificant, and yet big at the same time. In a week he has dropped his weight by 5 oz and then gained 2 back. He's gone from not really eating at all (maybe 15ml) to having 2 oz every 3 hours. Sleep is still pretty much a fleeting thing. For me. He gets lots, whenever he feels like it. But he doesn't have any responsibilities at this point. Today was also the first day Tyler went into work, leaving me to manage all three kids alone. And I mean REALLY alone. He left at about 10:30am, and worked until 5. Came home and watched a bit of Canada vs. Russia hockey, and then was off to Young Mens till 8:30, and then stake basketball from 9 - 10. Plus, our TV crapped out two days ago (yes, in the middle of the Olympics!) and the battery on the van is shot...so that meant that I was homebound. Unless I wanted to risk going out with three kids and not be able to get the van started. It was a pretty dull day. I managed to dye my hair, clean the kitchen, make sugar cookies, decorate sugar cookies with the kids and Lucy's Easy-Bake decorating kit, plus, you know, take care of three kids and all that. And I was bored. Not that I didn't enjoy doing all those things (well, cleaning my kitchen isn't a thrill), but there was still a lot of downtime in between those activities, and I usually like to fill it with outings or watching a little TLC...and Olympics this past week and a half. I don't want to sound so dependent on my TV, but I do enjoy it. Anyway, it's the end of the day, my kids are in the tub and I'm feeding Logan and finally blogging, which I haven't done much this week. My kids have been sick since the day we brought Logan home from the hospital, and it looks like it's finally starting to clear up.
I managed a whole day, all by myself, and I'm pretty proud. I mean, there were a few melt downs (welcome to being the mother of Max), but that's par for the course. I can probably do this. We may just need to buy a new TV.
I did find time to enjoy the many silly facial expressions of our new little man, as I do every day.

No comments: