Tuesday, February 2, 2010

How 'bout

If I had to describe my kid's favorite game in two words or less, I would call it the "how 'bout" game. They spend all morning cycling through hundreds of different "how 'bout" scenarios. Right now they are playing, "How 'bout we pretend to be mom and dad when they were kids and used to play together", but the list has also included the following:
How 'bout -
  • we ride our motorcycles to school with our backpacks on?
  • you were a baby named Tyler and I was your mom Janielee?
  • I be Mack the puppy, and you be Kari?
  • we have babies that are growing up and now they are 2 and 4 just like us?
  • the bad-guys are coming and we have to use our guns to chase them away?
  • we go to the zoo and see the monkeys and you be one of the monkeys?
  • I have a baby in my tummy and you're the doctor who measures me?
They have been playing for about 2 hours and I have heard the phrase "how 'bout" every 2-3 minutes as it is time for the game to change.

I have just one question:
"How 'bout they stay best friends like this forever and always want to play together?" I hope so.

No comments: