Sunday, April 1, 2012

Mexico Day 6 - April Fools!

So today is Sunday April 1st. April Fools. Fortunately, I have made it ALL the way through the day without a single trick. I guess everyone's too hot or too tired. Hallelujah.

We attempted to watch some General Conference today, but our internet connection is spotty at best, so we got a bit of one talk, and a bit of Pres. Monson's. We resigned ourselves to watching it when we get home. So instead, we just had a quiet day at home, which was very much needed after all the running around we've been doing.

A lot of colouring. Watching movies. Eating. And Tyler's cousins Nathan and Noelle came for a visit from the resort. While Logan took a nap, we all headed to the beach across the highway. Of course we forgot the camera, so there's no evidence of this trip, but it was fun either way.



We brought the boogie boards with us, since this beach is a bit rougher than Akumal. Max had a great time riding the waves and was really good at it. I imagine it's because of his next-to-nothing poundage. Those waves carried him like he was, well, nothing.

Lucy, Papa, Noelle and I worked in the sand on different sand castles. Lucy and Noelle built a fort, and were joined by Max. I made a butterfly and Papa made a boat, that kind of looked like a clog. It caved in a bit, so then he and Tyler made a shark beside it that looked like it was taking a big bite out of the boat (or shoe).

Tyler, Nathan and I took a few turns on the boogie boards and then we headed to the cenote for a cool dip. I wasn't feeling too hot, so I opted out of the dip, but instead watched everyone else enjoy it.

By the time we got back, Logan was awake and ready to play too. It was a great way to spend a Sunday. Not the usual way, and I felt a little weird not going to church, but we made do. I've also started reading "The Help" and am totally wrapped up in it. I love vacations! Reading is definitely a luxury I don't get to indulge in very often.

Oh, Lucy also decided to draw a picture of her future family. It's so cute. She drew her, and then a husband with a question mark, and 3 kids. Livia, Erin and Conner. I kept the paper.

No comments: