Monday, April 23, 2012

Back to Life

Well, after having pictures to post and things to talk about everyday for 2 weeks, being home seems like a bit of a let down.  It really has been a hard adjustment getting back into life again after vacation.  My kids were kinda grumpy for a few days...and I"m not gonna lie, so was I.  I missed the heat and the sun and nothing to do except have fun.  Laundry, dishes, cooking...it's all pretty boring.  But, we've been home for 2 weeks now, and we're getting back in the swing.

We decided to take a break from Taekwondo for this semester, signing our kids up for soccer at the end of May instead.  We're also hoping to do swimming lessons if I can get my butt in gear and figure out the details, and Lucy started piano lessons (with me) last week.  I figured that was enough on our plates for now.

So, we've been spending most of our after-school time at the park, or in the backyard with friends.  The weather is cold and lousy this week - we actually had SNOW on the ground this morning! yuck.  Feels more like Alberta than Ontario!  So we'll have to find some indoor things to do with all this rain.


We went out last week to get Lucy her new bike because she just couldn't wait...and who can blame her.  Every day, Max and Logan would ride their bikes to the park, and then Lucy would hop on to Max's bike as soon as we got there and barely left it in time for him to ride it home.

Being the older sister of two brothers, we tried to convince her that a generic bike would be best, so she could pass it down.  It stinks that she has to do that so often and when she saw a beautiful purple bike I almost caved and said, what the heck...But then we found this silver bike with yellow trim and stars on it and figured it was a happy compromise.  She still got the hot pink helmet and her brothers are getting her some tassels and a bell for her birthday to make it extra girlie.


Max is loving his bike too, and is gaining more confidence.  He's loving making skid-marks on the pavement.  This is his first one, so we had to take a picture.

Tyler has been away twice in the two weeks we've been home...Winnepeg last week and now to Halifax. I'm getting pretty used to this 'wife of a business-traveller' role and don't really miss a beat anymore.  It's just lonely at night after the kids go to sleep to have no one to talk to.  So I watch my PVR'd programs that he has no interest in.

I have got the reading bug back with a vengeance.  I finished the Hunger Games Trilogy, and the boys and I headed to the library last week to get some more books, Wii games and a DVD for movie night.  Now I'm reading a book called Prince Ravenscar and am really enjoying it.  I also signed out The Girl with The Dragon Tattoo...so we'll see how that one goes.  I forgot how much I love to read.  Vacations are awesome that way.






Well, that's enough blogging.  Need to get back to my book and American Idol.

No comments: