Friday, March 30, 2012

Mexico Day 4 - The Wedding

Today was the 'real' reason we came to Mexico. To attend Tyler's cousin's beach wedding at Bahia Principe Beach resort. To make the most of it, we decided to spend the whole day at the resort and enjoy the amenities. Which included the buffets and the pool!


Again, I'm a hot mess. Not much new there. Max has taken to the water like a fish! He's amazing. Willing to try anything. I'm so proud.



They had a booth set up for massages and hair braiding. Grandma and I decided to indulge and let Lucy get a few braids. When in Mexico! No massages though.


Then, after Logan had an awesome full nap in one of the hotel rooms (hooray for that!) it was time for the wedding. (Oh, and I read the first 2 chapters on The Hunger Games while Logan slept...umm, might be a bit addicting - but now I have to wait for Tyler to finish it before I can read it)

It was a beautiful beach wedding with a traditional Mayan ceremony. The kids especially loved banging drums or shaking maracas as part of the ceremony.






After the wedding there was a great dinner, where Max and second cousin Nicholas chased an animal that I can't remember the name of right now

and then a dance...always my kids favourite part of any wedding. Lucy danced the night away and was not willing to quit.


The boys tired much sooner than she did. Max couldn't keep his eyes open. Another great Mexico day! Tyler also decided to get his moneys worth at the resort and drank about 20 pina coladas. I guess that's your moneys worth!



1 comment:

Sarah Merrill said...

Codimundi... not sure if that is how it is spelled but that is the animal they chased.
The pics look great - Love Sarah