Thursday, March 29, 2012

Mexico Day 3 - Akumal Beach

Today is day 3. Wow, it's going quickly. We decided it was about time we headed to the beach, so off to Akumel we went. I will NEVER get tired of looking at the ocean. We drove around to check out some cenotes that are good for snorkelling because Logan had fallen asleep in the van. I'm pretty much playing his schedule loosey-goosey, since it's hard to predict where we'll be or when he'll get a nap. So a nap in the van is ok.

There's not much to tell about this day, but a lot of pictures, which are pretty self-explanatory. Playing in the water. Building sand-things on the beach. It was great.













At one point, Tyler and I went out snorkelling, something I've never done before, and I was amazed! I swam with a sea turtle! It was nearly in my reach, although I didn't try to touch it. It was fantastic. It felt like it was just me and him out there. I seriously can't believe it. While we were gone, the kids and papa buried Logan in the sand. He loved it, and we were pulling sand out of him for hours afterwards.

We headed to a little cafe for lunch and had the best tacos I've ever had. I can only hope the rest of the food is as good as this. Plus a limonada and I am in heaven. Amazing.

Just a fair warning - any pictures of me make me look like I'm a hot mess, and I pretty much am. What can you do with wavy hair in humid mexico? Not much. So I didn't even try. This is my vacation too, which means no doing my hair or make-up for 2 weeks. ahhh!

When we got back to the house for a nap, our friendly iguana was out. He lives under the step of Grandma and Papa's house.

Grandma asked us again what our favourite part of the day was: My favourite part of today? Sea Turtle. Of course. Tyler: holding hands with my wife while we snorkelled...he's so much more romantic.

No comments: