Tuesday, February 1, 2011

FHE


Tonight was FHE. Lucy has been so excited for this night to come, because we finally hung up the FHE chart that Kari and Barrett gave us for Christmas, and she SO wants to use it. I asked her to do the song, so she sang a new song they learnt in Primary yesterday, which was so sweet. Max joined in on the parts he could remember. Max said the prayer and thanked for things like primary and Lucy's singing. It was really sweet and thoughtful. I was on lesson, Logan was on activity and Dad was on scriptures. Lucy was on treat.
Tonight we learned about keeping journals. We are supposed to write about what we're doing these days. The kids drew pictures.


My journal: Dad is working late tonight on his PhD. We will be moving to Kingston in a few months. I'm excited for a new house, a new job and a new ward. Not that I don't love all the ones we currently have. It is an exciting adventure for our family. The kids are excited to see new places. Everyone keeps telling us that we will be a great addition to the church out there. I imagine it will be a great experience for us too. We've had fun looking for houses online, but can't wait to look in person. Max says he wants our house to have a red couch because he loves red.
I've also been trying to feed our family good food so we can be healthier. Tonight, we ate homemade spring rolls, which were a lot of work to make, but the kids loved them and gobbled them up, so I guess it was worth it. We also had a Soba Bowl with rice. The kids had a banana and a pita for a snack today and were over the moon about it. I'm glad it's going so well. I hope it continues. Buying a full cart of veggies is way cheaper than my usual groceries too. Score!
I gave a talk in church yesterday too, which I should probably include. Seems important.
Today was cold. Like -30. But it didn't feel so bad once we got outside. I'm hoping it warms up soon. Grandma and Papa are in Mexico and I'm jealous. I'd like to visit someplace warm when it's cold where I live someday.
Here's Max's picture of a red couch, and all of us smiling.
Lucy drew a picture of us sitting on the couch having family home evening.
Logan scooted around the living room.
After we were done our journals, we played Wii racing for a while. The kids favorite thing to do these days. Then they had some icecream for a treat and it was tubbie time, scriptures, prayers, and into bed.
I like it when things go smoothly.

No comments: