Saturday, February 26, 2011

Cram it all in!

Some people don't like it when they're kids are off school. I am not one of those people. Maybe I will be one day when my kids are older and more annoying. Or when all of my kids are in school and I've come to love 'me time'. But right now, I only have one kid in school, so having her home is awesome. Plus the fact that I love being the master of my own schedule. We've been filling up our week with lots of activities. Lots of time together. Games. Shopping. Visiting. Seriously, it's saturday, and I still have 3 more days...but I already am dreading the back to school moments. It's good for my daughter to be out in the world (sort of) and making friends, but it's good for her brother to have her at home. So, prepae for an onslaught of photos of our goings on. Seriously, I love my kids.

On the weekend, we headed to my parent's house to help my sister move. The kids love going there. Who doesn't love Grandma's house? Logan got a birthday present from Grandma...a New Car! which he absolutely loves. He loves riding on it, pushing the buttons, toddling around the house at his leisure, and he especially loves when his brother plays with him and either rides, while he pushes, or pushes him. It makes police car and fire truck noises as well as a car phone. While he was playing with it at my mom's I found it rather annoying, and I wasn't sure about this purchase, but it is less annoying in my own house. Why is that? Maybe because the noise of this car replaces the noise of Logan whining because he wants me to help him walk everywhere. Or maybe it was just the noise of this car added to the noise of 20 people in one house (5 kids under 6) that was driving me nuts. Plus, look how cute he is.

He also got some new clothes for his birthday, which make him look like such a big boy. A birthday 'suit' of sorts, plus gangsta jeans, polos, sweaters, jackets, so handsome...

My mom has also recently become a huge fan of Fancy Nancy, which her granddaughters love. She has made a Fancy Nancy dress-up box for the girls to come and dress up in whenever they want. Of course, Max is the only boy, and gets really bummed when the girls try to leave him out of activities, so he gets fancy too. We need more boy cousins. Good thing there's two more on the way.

On Monday evening we headed out to Airdrie to Mike and Tammy's for Ashley's 3rd birthday party. The kids had an awesome time playing with toys, making foam art pieces of Elephants, Lions and Monkeys, wrestling with Bumpa, eating pizza and cupcakes and watching Ashley open presents. It was a full house and it was hard to say goodbye at the end of the night.




We've had play dates with friends this week, and went to the mall to go shopping and get new jeans for Mr. Max. Which is always a tough thing. He's super skinny, but getting tall, so his pants are always too short. I love that stores now make pants with the adjustable waste band. This helps moms like me. The kids had fun in the play place at Market Mall too. I feel that a long trip to the mall deserves a trip to the play place. There are times that we make quick trips and there is no playing, but if we're going to be spending time at the mall, then it's only fair that my kids get something out of it too. It was Logan's first time, and he was so fascinated by the large plastic animals.
We also got some Cinnamon Buns and our favorite spring rolls from our favorite Vietnamese Noodle House. Great day.
Yesterday, we headed in to my parents house again so the kids could spend some time with their Auntie Sam. She was having a big birthday party last night, but since we couldn't go, Lucy decided she would go early and help Sam get ready...by giving her a choice from Lucy's 5 different nail polish colors to paint her nails.

Max painted my nails too, and did a pretty good job. I got a lot on my skin, but that's easily fixed.


Max, again, was disappointed that it was a 'girls' activity, so I conceded and let him paint each of his thumbnails...just for the day. We washed it off at bedtime. Then the kids and I headed to Tyler's work and surprised him and took him out to BP's for dinner. The kids were SO excited. Lucy kept saying over and over, "We haven't had dinner with dad for a long time!" Plus he's been working so hard and stressing me out because he's working so hard, that I needed to do something to make me feel like I was helping. I'm seriously paranoid about my husband working himself into a heart attack in his 30s.
Today's a home day, except for a few errands in town, because tomorrow is church and a birthday dinner for Auntie Sam. Monday will be our day to hopefully get back into routine before school starts again on Monday. Lucy's beginning skating lessons, so we're pretty excited and nervous about that. She's nervous, I'm excited.

No comments: