Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Kid's Say

Last night as we were driving into Cochrane to go choose paint colors, carpet and hardwood for our house in town, the kids started having an interesting discussion:

Lucy: "Mom, did you know that I won't live with you forever?"
Me: "Oh?"
Lucy:"yeah, like, when I'm a kid I'll still live with you. And when I'm a teenager. But when I get married, I will live somewhere else with my husband."
Max: "No!"
Lucy: "Yes Max, it's true. Just like how Sarah moved out of Grandma and Papa's house when she married Tyson."
(This is a sore point for Max. It's the only downside to an otherwise very glorified view of Uncle Tyson)
Lucy: "You have 2 choices when you get married. Either the boy moves in with the girl, or the girl moves in with the boy."
Max: "Well, Grandma married Papa and they still live at Grandma and Papa's house."
Lucy: "That's true. Mom, was it Grandma's house, or Papa's house before they got married?"
Me: "They bought it together"
Lucy: "Oh! So there's 3 choices. You can buy a house together AFTER you get married too!"
Max: (I imagine he is picturing going to the store and 'buying' a house) *giggle* "You can't just buy a house! You can go to the store and buy the pieces to MAKE a house though." pause "that would take a LOT of pieces!"
Lucy: "It must be hard work to put all the pieces together..."

By this time we had arrived, but I was dying on the inside. Kids are so funny. At least to me.

And look at this handsome. He doesn't say much, but he's sure cute.

3 comments:

Catherine Dabels said...

He is sooooooocute.

Misc Vee said...

Wow! That's some conversation! Lucy is sooo precocious! AND precious!

Alison said...

That's awesome, hahaha :D