Saturday, February 5, 2011

Better

I guess yesterday's post was a bit over-dramatic. Big surprise. I did reflect how I was feeling, but didn't reflect the fact that I was actually having a really great day with my kiddies. We've been hanging out a lot lately, and have all been enjoying it. Coloring, working on homework, making dinner, playing Wii racing (which is so fun to watch) and watching movies. "Oh Poop".
The kids helped me make dinner again last night, with our new highlighted menu item, quinoa. They're having fun helping me and saying it. And it's fun to watch them talk about how 'nutritious' it is for you. The meal even had beans in it, and Max was so good about promising to try it and he did. When he went to bed last night, I told him he had been such a good boy that day and he reminded me that he had been saying, 'yes, yes, yes' all day, and not saying, 'no' as he has been in the habit of doing lately.
I'm feeling better today too because my husband and I had some time together. Watching a movie last night, where he actually said he didn't even think about his dissertation for about 80% of the time, and a quick trip to Costco together today. Yes, we go on dates to Costco sometimes. You do what you have to do. Even just riding in the same vehicle to our many destinations today was a treat and had me feeling better.
I got to hang at my mom's and chat with my favorite girlfriends, my mom and my sister and SILs. It was a great day. Add to that the fact that tomorrow is Sunday which means a day of rest. As hard as it will be, we will not be thinking or talking about home renos for our house in town, or dissertations, or getting ready to move. We will play with our kids and eat a meal together, and just relax. It's going to be great, I know it. Sundays really are the best days.

No comments: