Friday, February 4, 2011

All's Well that Ends Well


On Wednesday, we made another trip into the city to the Children's Hospital...but this time, hopefully for the last time in quite a while. Lucy was getting her cast off. She was so super excited and a tiny bit nervous for the occasion. She'd only been walking on her walking cast for the last 3 days, as she is a nervous and shy girl, and apparently that's not unusual. But having to walk around without the cast was another story. As we sat waiting, she told me that the 'next time' she gets a cast, she'd like a green one. I told her that we should try to avoid any more broken bones.

The skin on her leg is tender and alligator-like and flaking off all over my house, which is not awesome, but it's better than a cast.

I still have two scootch-bums on my hands, but I imagine Lucy's leg will get better and better every day and soon she will be running and playing. The doctor told us to expect almost as long with limping as she had the cast on. So we're looking at about 6 weeks of that.
I'd say this was a happy day.

No comments: