Sunday, January 29, 2012

Wordless Weekend


Since my posting lately seems to be a travel-log of our weekends, but these moments are still important to me, and worthy of a blog post, I decided to make this a 'some-what' wordless weekend blog. Much of the activities were the same as the previous 3 weekends, which sounds borrowing, but I love it...and so do my kids. Lucy woke up Saturday morning and asked, "Are we having waffles again today?" (In an excited tone, I might add), so I know that traditions are important.

On Friday evening, while making dinner, I took a moment to go outside and shovel the driveway. The kids were all downstairs with their dad. I came in to find Logan wearing his sisters pink boots and his beach hat. He said, "Shovel too?" What a sweet boy. I don't even know how he knew I was out there shovelling. So I bundled him up and sent him out back with his shovel. He loved it.


Art-night. Lucy brought home a tracing of a penguin, so we photocopied and all took a turn colouring it to our own interpretation. Then it just turned into arts and crafts for the evening.














Sneaking Hashbrowns:

New Recipe - Mini Puffed Oven Pancakes. They were a hit. Especially with cinnamon and sugar!

Stove-top Popcorn! The kids were fascinated watching the kernels actually pop. Our treat for watching Pirates of the Caribbean 4

Sardines - all of us hiding in Lucy's closet.

A Big Boy walking down the stairs by himself for the first time. (Actually, this is about the fifth time, because I made him do it over and over, so I could get a video and some pictures).

Sunday Morning - my matching kids, who coordinated their outfits on their own this week! I'm rubbing off!

*************************************************************************************************************
Quotes this week:
Lucy: "Do you want to know my two favourite letters? 'S' and 'H'. They make a shhh sound. It reminds me of mom."

Me: "Max! You belong in a circus!"
Max: "I know. I'm planning on it."

I asked Logan what he wanted for his birthday. He said, "Mini-Wheats." And so he shall receive.

No comments: