Monday, January 23, 2012

What is this post about?

I don't know if this will always be the case, but we've had 2 saturdays in a row, where we didn't have a thing planned, and therefore, we could spend the day doing whatever we wanted. Which translates to the kids picking what we do. Which translates to a lot of games, and toys, and fun at home.

We had a late Friday night with friends over to play games, so the kids were all a bit grumpy all day, or close to tears, or both. But we muscled through a made a fun day of it.

This is Max on our games night. "It's sure nice that these chairs are so close together."

It started with the traditional sleeping in and waffle breakfast that we love. Complete with ice-cream and frozen berries. And hash brown potatoes for Max. We shared some frozen raspberries with Logan and he loved them...can't you tell?


Then it was downstairs for Tyler and I to work out, which always turns into the whole family working out together. Tyler usually takes his shirt off while we work out, which ends up with Max and Logan taking their shirts off too. It's hilarious. Equally hilarious is seeing Logan trying to do jumping jacks. "Na do it too Dada!" I need to get a video of that.

Then we showered and suited up to go play outside. It was warmish and sunny, but Max and Logan still didn't last very long...must have been the grumpy's.
I made a snow angel on our driveway while Tyler was shovelling. He said, "Did it hurt? When you fell down from heaven?" I think he's coming on to me...

Lucy and Tyler stuck it out and shovelled out a cave in the pile of snow on our front lawn.



Then it was inside for lunch, Logan's nap and some quiet time. Quiet time in the basement, with Dad, while Logan is sleeping almost always equates to Wii or XBox. It just does. This time, it was Wii MarioKart. Then, a round of Mix & Match before Logan got up.

Pizza was in the plans for dinner, because I also declared this Saturday to be a 'mom's out of the kitchen' sort of day. We had also decided that we wanted to watch the next Star Wars movie...episode 2, attack of the clones. So we started that up early, since our kids needed to get to bed at a decent time, enjoyed an hour of the movie, sent dad for pizza, while Lucy showered, and then picked up where we left off.

Fun evening, fun day. It was great. When Max went to bed, I told him to choose to wake up 'not grumpy'. He responded by saying, "How do I choose that? I don't have a switch!" I know. I've looked.

Sunday was busy, as it usually is, and we capped it off with Skyping Papa through dinner, driving Tyler to the train station so he could head to Toronto for two days, and then Skyping with Grandma and Bumpa until bedtime. Logan kept saying, "Grandma Bourne, I'n awake! Train." There was some definite disappointment when Dad got on the train, and no one else. It's a cruel tease.

In Primary, one of the teachers handed out a coded message for the kids to decipher. Lucy got it pretty quickly, and enjoyed doing it (it read, "I will go and do the things which the Lord has commanded), so Tyler made her more coded messages. The code was different every time, so she had to figure it out. This was the last one she deciphered before bed last night.

Today, I'm gettin-er-done. Kids in school, which means Logan and I do the shopping. Groceries and a quest to find a front door carpet that I like, so I can use the current front door carpet at the garage door...thus curing my house of the muddy boot-prints that seem to be infecting it. This will be the cure, right? I'm sure of it. I bought two carpets because I couldn't decide which one I liked better. Now that I have them home, I vote for the green and brown because it's so gorgeous and huge.

I'm trying to spruce up our house, but am on a really, really, really tight budget (did I say really enough for the message to be clear?). It's hard to know what to spend money on, when you don't really want to be spending money. Our living room is just so vast, it almost feels like a cave, with two couches in it. And yet it is gloriously uncluttered, which I love. So it's hard to decide on items that will clutter it up. We lived for so long with a living room that was also a dinning room, play-room, and TV room, that there was no point in decorating, because you wouldn't see all the decorations under all the stuff. Now we have a living room who's only function is to be a beautiful living room, and I'm having a hard time putting stuff in there.
I found these guys today, and thought they were awesome. Didn't buy them, but I DID take a picture.

I also REALLY like this colour. Not for my living room. I'm thinking bedroom. Someday. maybe.

And I saw these pillows at Walmart for $15 each. That's a great price. I like them for on my couches. Again, didn't purchase. Just took a picture.
I DID pick up this little friend, that I've had my eye on for months. He reminds me of the little robotic owl on "Clash of the Titans." (the original). Awesome.

I also found the movie Enchanted on DVD at Walmart for $4.96. Also awesome! Good day. Logan puked in Walmart, which is less good. It was so random, that I"m not sure if he's actually sick, or if it was just chance. He was playing on the Mickey-Mouse ride-on car by the check-outs, which is always his treat for being a good boy, and eating an apple fruit-cup at the same time. Maybe motion sickness? Who knows. He was fine afterwards and ate handfuls of goldfish crackers after that. I'm hoping it was a fluke thing...obviously. Because who hopes for puke?

1 comment:

M said...

Love the new rug, and that owl! Clash of the Titans, Bourne family classic!