Tuesday, January 3, 2012

January 3rd - Last Day

Today, we spent our time doing last minute things and saying goodbye. It was fun and not fun. The plan was for Tyler and I to take a quick trip downtown this morning to exchange the climbing harness I bought him for Christmas at MEC. The kids were going to play with my mom for a bit. Then Alison texted me to say that Trevor was going to drop Cy and Jilli off to play for a bit that morning, so they'd get a final goodbye too. It was really sweet.

When we got back to the house, they had created a great game of pirates. Girls against the boys. They had signs on each station and had made swords out of zoob. Seriously, my kids have great cousins.



Then we headed to Cochrane to go to open gymnastics at the Rec Center, because the kids had requested it. Emma and Ashley met us there. And on our way out, we passed by one of our neighbours, Aus. He has a daughter Lucy's age that was in her preschool and kindergarten class. Lucy had been asking us all week if we would have time to see Ava, and our time with quickly running out. So while waiting at a stop-light on the highway, we yelled from truck to truck and invited them to come to gymnastics too...they came! It was great.

After gymnastics, the boys dropped Lucy and I off for haircuts and they went home for Logan's nap. Then, Tyler came back to pick us up. Lucy and I love our little girlie dates. It was fun.

I decided to take a picture of our crazy yellow field and blue sky. I don't see this in Ontario, and I miss the view. We had lasagna for dinner with everyone (including Tammy and the girls) and had a chance to just play for a while. I spent most of my evening packing suitcases. We definitely have a lot more stuff going home then we had coming. I got it all to fit though...so hopefully it's not overweight.

Tomorrow, we get up and go to the airport. It's home time. It's going to be a long day of travel, so I hope the kids are up for it. I always have big plans to get them to bed at a decent time, and it never happens. I'm looking forward to being home and in routine again...but I'm not looking forward to leaving my people. Especially since I don't know when the next trip is. Alison says she's going to try and come out in February, so at least we have that to look forward to.

No comments: