Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Laughed my Butt Off

Today started out with a trip to the Doctor's office. I've had this nagging cold for about a week. Nothing down-and-out, just enough to be annoying. In the last few days it seems to have turned into a sinus infection, so I'm on a round of antibiotics. For the first 27 years of my life, I had never had a sinus infection, but it seems like I get one with almost every single cold now. Ever since that H1N1...(shake my fist). So I got to chase Logan around the doctor's office and hope that he didn't do too much damage. Max had bought himself a Medic Rescue helicopter with his Walmart money yesterday and brought it along to play with. At one point he started making shooting sound-effects and then said, "They're shooting bandaids!"

Laughed my butt off.

The rest of the day was spent cleaning, organizing, grocery shopping and picking kids up from school. When we got home, it was so gorgeous outside that I let the kids play for a bit while I brought in the groceries. Logan has become a die-hard fan of 'outside' time and had a screaming meltdown when I had to bring him in for his nap. He was rubbing at his eyes and yawning like crazy, but still didn't want to come in. While I was trying to put him to bed, Lucy and Max stayed outside playing. I came out to this scene
Max had climbed on top of the canoes and couldn't get himself down. Lucy had found a skinny little stick that she propped against the side and told him to 'slide down like a fireman'. Max was smart enough not to try that.

At dinner, Lucy says: "Mom, do you remember the buns we had at Brad's wedding?"
I think to myself, "Of course not, that was 2 years ago, a third of your lifetime ago...!!!"
"I think Auntie Jayne made them. They are the best buns ever!"

Tonight, I got to go to Relief Society while my mom kindly watched my kids. It was a service auction and I walked away with homemade oreo cookies and a crochet doily. I'm very excited about both items. The doily is from Tyler's Grandma so it'll be a nice keepsake to take to Kingston with us. And who doesn't love homemade oreo cookies?

No comments: