Thursday, May 12, 2011

Cochrane Fieldtrip

Yay! Blogger is working again!

So today was an exciting day. The boys and I spent a quick morning tidying the house (a bit), eating lunch and having a nap (Logan...sadly not me). The day seemed to go by so fast because we were so excited to meet up with Lucy and her class at their 'Cochrane field trip'!

They went to the Safeway Bakery and also bought flowers.

Lunch at the Red Park with a surprise birthday cake for Ava.

Over to DQ where they got to see how the burgers go through the cooking-thing, and then to each make their own icecream cone. This is where the boys and I met up with them. Max, Logan and I sat at a table eating our DQ treats while the kindergarten took over the restaurant. There's only 14 of them, but those little voices really fill up the room. Lucy did a great job making her icecream and even did the swirl on top, which really impressed the lady who was helping her. I'd like to say she comes by it naturally...since the DQ swirl was my specialty when I was 14.

After their icecream cones, the kids walked over to the Bethany to sing songs to the residents and to hand out pictures they had colored and the flowers they'd bought at Safeway. Seriously the highlight of my day. It's so awesome to see 14 6-year-olds singing their hearts out on "Five Little Ducks", "Skinamerinkie", and "You are my Sunshine" and to see the residents clapping and smiling and soaking up every second. I took a super long video of the whole event so Tyler could see.

Lucy, being my shy girl, was slow to go hand out her picture (a picture of her on a nice summer day) until she saw one lady sitting without any picture or flowers. She promptly tiptoed over and handed it to her (face turning slightly red as she did so). She then turned and got some flowers to give to her as well.

We got to walk around the Bethany for a few minutes and saw some budgees they keep, and the chapel.

Then it was outside to wait for the bus (and to give the residents a break from 14 6-year-old voices!)

Great day.

No comments: