Saturday, May 7, 2011

Fill 'er Up

So we have survived week one with Tyler gone. In almost exactly one week from this moment, we will be heading to the airport to pick him up. That'll be a good day.
I've tried really hard to fill our time so we're not just sitting around...waiting.

We've gone to the park. Shopping. Played Just Dance. Colored. Crafted. Watched movies.

I bought a few movies at Blockbuster to help pass my alone time in the evenings. I stuck one in last night. Nine. Hugely disappointing. I turned it off after about 20 minutes and watched Oprah instead. That was a waste of $6.

I'm still trying to maintain and 'somewhat' clean house and keep things moving. Laundry has been happening, only I was depressed last night to fold two loads of laundry without a single item of Tyler's in them. He's been gone so long that there is no more clothes to fold.

It does have a few perks. My showers can be gloriously long and hot, without worrying about saving hot water for someone else. I can do laundry when I want. (Again, not worrying about hot water). The laundry loads have gotten significantly smaller and easier to do. You can fit a lot of teeny-tiny onesies, socks, and panties into a load before it's full. The TV and remote have been exclusively mine and the channel has not stopped on TSN or Sportcenter a single time this week. Sorry hockey fans. I'm just not into it. I have watched Oprah, TLC, and cooking shows to my heart's content. Downside? We PVR all our favorite shows to watch together in the evenings, after the kids have gone to bed. The Office, Modern Family, Survivor, Celebrity Apprentice, The Mentalist. I haven't watched a single one of those shows this week...and I could use a laugh. We'll have a lot of catching up to do. At least I have still had my Dancing With The Stars and American Idol...he doesn't care about those shows.

Another down-side. Cooking dinner for kids is boring. I usually cook with Tyler in mind and then tailor it so the kids will eat it too. They'd be happy if I bought McD's every day of the week. Gross. So what shall we eat tonight? Who knows.

Tyler has been filling his time with work and watching Hockey. I'm sure his TV hasn't even crossed over TLC or the Food Network. He has been eating Dragon Fruit for breakfast and today he's going on the Thousand Island's Cruise for lunch. His stuff sounds way more exotic. He plans on going to the climbing wall after work next week and just 'getting out of his hotel room'. With the time difference, he's off work at 5, when it's only 3 here. We Skype him every night to read scriptures and say prayers, but that's not till 8pm here...10pm there. So he has 5 hours to fill without us. Boring. (I say that for his benefit. I think a few days of 'me-time' would be glorious! I'd be spa-ing it up...yes, that's word).


Anyway, not sure what to do with the rest of our Saturday. Figure out Mothers Day stuff for tomorrow. I'm looking forward to spending the day at my parent's tomorrow. We had good news this morning. My brother and his wife had their baby boy...Eli Joseph Bourne. Awesome. Can't wait to meet him! Happy Mother's Day to Becca.

Well, that's all from here. If the weather holds out, maybe we'll go to the park again. If not...who knows. Swimming? Do I dare? (Probably not!)

No comments: