Saturday, May 7, 2011

Just What I Needed

So I caved. Well, not so much caved as opted out of preparing lunch for my kids. I took them to McD's today. They were so surprised when we pulled into the parking lot. "Thank you Mom! Thank you Mom!" At least I got a thank you out of it. McDonald's at 1:00pm on a Saturday may not have been my most brilliant idea, but we worked it out. It was crazy busy in there. And is it just me, or is the seating space in the Cochrane McDonald's almost non-existent?

The kid's enjoyed their burgers and fries and at one point Lucy turned to her brother and said, "Zip-it Happy Meal!" which almost made me have Sprite through the nose. (Despicable Me, in case you were wondering). Max got some Batman toys in his Happy Meal, including Two-Face, which he let his little brother play with. It seemed appropriate, since Logan's mood seems to go either way at the flip of a coin these days. It's hard to tell, but this is happy...but screaming is not too far distant. Oy vey.

I even let the kids play in the play-place for a few minutes. Super-mom award, thank you! How depressing for my tiny monkey who can't climb on anything yet. He amused himself just running around though.

We spent the afternoon in almost every store in Cochrane, TRYING desperately to find some shoes for Logan. He's been wearing that type of shoe that is more like a slipper than a shoe...with the leather soles. I had a pair of shoes that were perfect for this age when Max was younger and I have looked EVERYWHERE for them to no avail. I can find every pair of shoes since then...but not that pair. So I finally decided we'd just have to break down and spend the $15 to get him a new pair. Walmart was no help on Friday (it rarely is for infant shoes I find.) And we struck out at 3 different stores in Cochrane. It frustrates me that there are no decent shoe places in Cochrane. So I guess we'll be back to the city on Monday. Oh, and Logan managed to loose one of his leather-soled shoes sometime during our Walmart trip on Friday, so he truly is shoeless now.

We managed to find the last pair of Rubber Boots at Extra Foods that they had in Lucy's size (because, again, Walmart was no help in this), and I picked up some dinner. Hot Dogs and Smokies. Boy, I am really NOT about cooking today. Let me tell you, a McDonald's cheeseburger and a hotdog in the same day is a BAD idea. I didn't have much of an appetite for the hotdog.

We also played some "Just Dance" this morning (in the which Max creamed me in the funny-bone with his wii remote and now I have an aching shoulder from dancing...so sad). We were planning to play again after dinner but our little one decided to wander off with the remote and we ended up spending 30 minutes looking for it.

Papa came and got the boys to go feed the sheep and so Lucy and I decided to kneel down and pray about finding the remote. She was starting to get frustrated, and after the prayer she said she felt better. (Even if we didn't find the remote, that was a good enough reason to pray for me). We did, however, find the remote quite quickly after the prayer.

Play-time was over, so we just had dessert and showers. Strawberry Shortcake. The kid's both wanted a drain from the whip-cream canister (thank you Auntie Sam for teaching them that), so I obliged. Why not? Lucy got all giddy excited and couldn't stop smiling, so she said she had to get her face ready. (Rubbing her cheeks so she could stop smiling enough to open her mouth).

Whip-cream heaven.

Max had the giggles with anticipation too and ended up with a long string of whip-cream down his chin.

We ended the evening skyping dad again. He had a great time on his 1000 island cruise and hanging with some friends for dinner. He said today was just what he needed...and I'm glad for it. It was just what I needed to.

No comments: