Tuesday, June 30, 2009

What to do

Well, Tyler left today at lunch for Young Men's camp. He'll be gone for 5 days (till saturday) and the kids and I waved goodbye and tried not to be too sad. Lucy's been having a really hard time with separation lately and gets pretty upset every single morning when Tyler has to leave for work, so 5 days is a hard thing for her to deal with. I promised her that we would do lots of fun things this week so the time would pass quickly. She seemed satisfied with that thought and we went in to play...but secretly the fun things are to help me pass the time too. I'm going to miss that guy. This evening we had dinner up at Scott and Janie's because it's Janie's birthday. The kids made her a cute drawing for her birthday and we all ate quickly before we had to go our separate ways. The kids had fun calling her at work and leaving her a birthday message too. After we all ate, we headed to Crapo's for a baby shower for Alana Draper (formerly Christensen) and then it was home for icecream sandwiches and a shower. I bought six movies from blockbuster yesterday to help keep me occupied in the evenings. I have a hard time falling asleep when Tyler's not here, so I figure if I watch movies, I'll be super tired and will just be exhausted when I go to bed. Sarah and Janeen are coming over tonight for Bride Wars. Should be fun.

1 comment:

Erica said...

I'm the exact same with falling asleep when Joe is gone which is kind of odd because he's gone a LOT. Usually Josh gets to sleep in Mom and Dad's bed-it seems to help :> Enjoy all those movies!