Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Father's Day!

Happy Father's Day Dad. Today after an exhausting but fun time at church, we headed to my parent's house for Father's Day. We hung out and visited for most of the afternoon, talking about the usual - work, life, Deadliest Warrior. Mom made a great salmon feast for everyone. It was a great time to just sit and visit and relax with family. Mike and Tammy have now moved into a house in Airdrie, so it was fun for all the kids to be able to get together.After dinner, we presented dad with his gift from all of us. I had heard a great idea while at the Cochrane Ward Relief Society retreat. Having every member of the family write down their testimony to give to the parents or grandparents. We decided to do this for my dad for Father's Day. It was a really great experience being able to compile all these testimonies, and I especially enjoyed reading all of them and seeing the similarities and differences. Most of all, it was a great reminder of a wonderful legacy and blessing. We've all had our ups and downs, but it's amazing to say that our testimonies are strong and we're all united still in our faith in Jesus Christ. It's definitely a legacy that we can attribute to my dad, who has never wavered. I appreciate his consistency and his firm foundation and have relied on his strength often in my own life. Dad was very surprised and touched by the gift. We all made the joke that he would make the 'dad' face...and he did. Alison wasn't able to be there as she was helping the kids have a chance to spend Father's Day with their own dad, so we got her on speaker phone for the experience.
Happy Father's Day dad. Thanks for all you do and the spiritual foundation you have laid for all of us. I know that for me, regardless of what my question is, I know that I can go to my dad, and more than likely, he'll have an answer for me.
Now for a note to the Father of my children. I love you and cherish you and appreciate the support you give me at all times. I am grateful that you are always so quick to say "I love you" and "I'm sorry". You work hard to provide for us, and I am grateful to see the ways you lead our family in righteousness. You are my best friend and my partner. I also appreciate that you are able to fix just about anything, because that has definitely come in handy during our time together. (*I'll post about our hot water tank later...maybe when it's fixed and the frustration has ebbed).

No comments: