Tuesday, February 6, 2007

Teething


Lucy has spent the last 3 weeks either teething, or with a cold, which has made her a little on edge, but still an angel (how long can this possibly last?). She walks around with all her fingers in her mouth and her shirt covered in drool as if she was a newborn. The benefit to her teething so late is she can actually talk to me about it. When I ask her what's wrong, she says, "teefies sore." The bad thing...she likes the taste of medicine and always asks for more. She has cut 4 teeth in the last 2 weeks and it looks like she's in the process of cutting 2 more. Most of these have been molars too, which will be great for the chew factory.


This picture is of her yesterday morning. She was so tired that I finally had to wake her up at 9:00am to get started on the day. She insisted on cuddling on mom and dad's bed with her blanket. Dad called just a few minutes after 9:00 to talk to her and she spent most of the time looking like this and just nodding her head, but not really talking. You can see her cheeks are a little swollen and red. Poor girl. She never ceases to make us laugh though, even when she's sick. Last night Grandma bought her some raspberries and asked her if she wanted one of them. She replied by saying, "No grandma, I want lots of them."

6 comments:

The Kane's said...

Awww, poor thing! I am still waiting for Kayla's little teeth to start coming through! I can definately relate to the hand in the mouth and drool everywhere! I am surprised she isn't dehydrated all the time!

Anonymous said...

She looks like she's having a rough time. All I have to say is-Highland teething tablets-they're a homeopathic remedy-I got mine from Bo Bebe I think-and they're the only thing that saved me when Josh's last molars were coming in. They work in minutes and seemed to help more than the Advil. Hope she's feeling better soon!

Anonymous said...

Hey I alawys feel so bad for kids when they're sick. She still looks cute though!

Slobodans said...

Heather & Tyler!

It has been a long time! I was happy to stumble upon your blog through Gabe & Estelle's page.

It sounds as though you have a busy little family and Lucy is adorable! And how exciting that you have another little one on the way!

Take care!

Laura Leavitt said...

I am soooo happy to have found your blog. I always ask everyone how youguys are doing. come check out our blog at www.leavittstory.blogspot.com. You guys have such a beautfil little family. I swear I remember Heather sayign she liked the name Lucy when we were in young womens. I am so excited to have found you!!!!

Heather said...

yay, I'm happy to have visitors at our website. I am slowly trying to add people's websites to our links list, so if you are in the blog-world, please let me know your address so I can visit it often.