Saturday, February 17, 2007

Too Soon

In case anyone else missed it, last night was a fairly clear night, with some pretty alright weather in this here province. I know this because I saw most of the night. I decided to go to bed at 10:00pm last night. Pretty decent (ie. lame) for a Friday night. I was enjoying my much needed time in bed when at 11:30 I was awoken by some killer back labor. I continued to have contractions every 20-25 minutes, mostly in my back, hips, and legs until about 4:30am. I wouldn't have been surprised in the least if my water broke last night, but fortunately, things calmed down and I was able to get some sleep. Tyler was up at his parent's house playing RISK with his siblings till 3:30am, so he missed much of it, which only meant I had more of the bed to roll around in while trying to find a comfortable position. The worst part was that the contractions were just far enough apart that I'd just be settling down and falling back asleep when another one would start. No signs of labor today, but here's hoping the next 4 weeks aren't all like this.
I am getting to the point of feeling like I'm ready to be done, but when the prospect of early labor actually hits you in the middle of the night, you really start praying hard that your secret daytime wishes aren't coming true.

1 comment:

Laura Leavitt said...

I know exactly how you feel. I am always soooooooo ready to have the baby out by 34-35 weeks. At the same time you want it to stay in adn be healthy. The joys of being pregnant. Before you know it you will have a perfect little baby. I am so excited for you.