Saturday, January 27, 2007

in the Beginning...


I was going through some photos on our computer today to post on the family website and came across this one. Now, Tyler and I actually knew each other for about 2 years prior to this picture being taken, but I thought for posterity sake I should post it so our children can see what a lifetime friendship we've had. Although at that age it was more based upon exchanging toys. But I do recall Tyler telling me a story once that we were playing in his basement jumping down the stairs onto an old mattress on the bottom. Being the young, innocent girl that I was, I didn't realize that it would be inappropriate to play this game with a boy while wearing a dress. He remembers seeing my underwear and that it was white with blue stars or flowers on it. Curse that ridiculous memory of his!
I think my parents waited too long to have the 'modesty' chat with me though, because I can also recall a time when Mike, Joe and Steven were all sunbathing in our backyard and took their shirts off, so I decided to join them...and lose my shirt as well. I remember mom running out the back door yelling and me spending the rest of the day inside. hmm. I'm sure the talk came shortly after that incident.
By the way, the picture is from my 7th birthday party and includes: Alison, Mike (dressed as Dracula), Cheryl Zemp? (as a leopard), Tyler (dressed as Oscar the Grouch), Me (dressed as a witch), Trevor (dressed as a clown - although all you can see is the back of his large head) and Tyler's sister Kari (the cat) and some other girl that I don't remember.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Ty and Heater, Jon Gilchrist here, I didnt know you were pregnant... Thats Great Congrats, Ty may have mentioned it at a hockey practice, but im always so busy trying to just breath i probably didnt hear him. Keep them posts coming.

The Kane's said...

Hey guys! It's the Kane's here! You look great Heather! You can check out our blog at gekane.blogspot.com/