Thursday, December 15, 2011

Three Times a Charm

Today, we made yet ANOTHER trip to Hotel Dieu Urgent Care hospital. Yup. Again. Lucy came home from school yesterday complaining that her ear was bugging her. She was up in the night with it, and even my alternating doses of ibuprofen and acetaminophen were not making a difference.

While I was up in the night with her, my ear started bugging me too. Sympathy pains? It felt pretty really to me. And Max has broken out in a pretty good rash all over his chest. So we slept in this morning and decided it was doctor time again. With us flying to Alberta next week, we didn't want to be dealing with ear issues on the plane. And since we STILL don't have a family doctor (seriously, my kids have not been healthy enough for us to get a family doc!), we headed to urgent care again.

We were pleased that there was no one ahead of us in triage...but apparently that didn't mean anything. The wait AFTER triage was borderline ridiculous, but we were eventually seen. It was a lot easier going to the hospital when ALL my kids were sick. At least they were too tired and worn out to be noisy or to get into trouble. Logan and Max were not interested in sitting still. Or being quiet. Sorry to the other patients waiting in the waiting room. There's only so much I can do.

And the results:
Lucy - major ear infection. Antibiotics.
Max - probably excema. Hydrocortizone cream.
Me - nothing. Try a decongestant. Thanks. I'll keep doing that.

So I guess the 3rd time's the charm. Hopefully this will be the end of hospital visits for a while. I'm getting tired of looking at those yellow walls.

No comments: