Sunday, December 4, 2011

As You Wish..

Well, we wasted another x-amount of hours at Hotel Dieu Hospital yesterday...with zero results. I recognize that there's nothing to be done about a virus...but when your kids have a fever for 10+ days with vomiting and ear pain and white tongues and the WORST breath ever...you assume it has to be more than just the common flu. Well, you know what happens when you assume...

Anyway, we spent the morning yesterday at the hospital (can't wait to get a family doc!) and came home exhausted. Nothing new to share. Still just waiting it out. So we vegged for the afternoon - I can't honestly remember what we did. And had yet ANOTHER quiet day at home. Logan seemed a bit better yesterday, so that's a good sign. And he even ate some muffin. Another good sign.

Lucy's on day 6 and is still feeling the brunt of this thing. Sleeping all the time, barely eating. Crazy fever. Poor girl. Her friend from school/primary has missed her and dropped off a card for her yesterday to wish her well. It included some cute drawings, a flower:

and a Christmas decoration that he painted just for her.

It is SO sweet. I don't know if marriage is in the works for these two, but it sure is sweet. He has proposed to her a number of times at school apparently, but she tells me she always says no. I told her that's good...and that she's just taking after her mother...we always say no to the first few marriage proposals. Then Tyler joked that eventually you say..."I guess we can try it out." We're still trying it out - it's going good so far.

We did priesthood blessings again last night and Lucy slept a lot better. That with a little Vick's Vapo-Rub and there was a little less coughing for sure.

Today we're at home, instead of at church, which is always a bummer. I taught my kids my primary lesson, since they wouldn't get primary and I wouldn't get to teach it otherwise. It was fun. We had a little treasure hunt and talked about letting our light so shine. We sang some of the primary songs (Nephi's Courage, Jesus Wants Me For A Sunbeam, and Do As I'm Doing, where we pretended we were shovelling snow). Logan loved the singing. Then we watched the "Joy to the World" DVD while eating lunch. I'm looking forward to the First Presidency Devotional tonight. I, of course, spaced it and was thinking the devotional would be at 4:00 our time, but it's actually at 8:00 our time. I got the kids all excited and now it's at bedtime and we'll have to make plans to watch it tomorrow for FHE.

Looking forward to the start of a new week and hopefully the start of some healthy days!

No comments: