Saturday, December 31, 2011

December 31st - New Years Eve Morning

Today is Grandma Maurine's birthday, and so she asked us to come over for breakfast so she could cook waffles for everyone at her house. It seems strange for someone to cook a meal for a LOT of people on their own birthday, but I think she is realizing that she won't be in that house for much longer, and wants to create memories there as much as possible. Plus, I imagine she wants to do something sometimes, instead of always just being invited.

So we all got ready and headed there for breakfast, hungry and excited. The food was great. She treated everyone to waffles with ICECREAM on it. My kids loved it. Dessert and breakfast at the same time. Actually, I found that the ice-cream was more mild than syrup...not sure the sugar balance between the two, but I was all for the ice-cream.

Tyler always spends a few minutes at Grandma's helping her with something techie. She got an iPod for Christmas so she could listen to her scriptures, but she doesn't know how to work it. So he helps.

Funniest moment this morning (to me anyway), was Max coming to me and whispering in my ear (very gravely), "Mom, I just went to the bathroom and my poo was all blue. I think something's wrong with me..."

I stiffled a giggle and said, "I think you had a whole bubble-gum milkshake yesterday..."

A huge sigh of relief that washed over his whole body: "Oh yeah!"

About 20 minutes later it dawns on me that he rarely flushes, so I ask, "Max, did you do that here? Or at home?"
"Here."
"Did you flush?"
"Oh yeah, I didn't know how...!"

Trip to the bathroom. Yup, that's pretty blue! Flush.

Logan took his own time to use the bathroom too...

No comments: