Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Christmas Ham

There is always a delicate balance between taking ENOUGH pictures of your children so that when they are grown they don't feel like you scrimped on the photos of their youth, but not TOO MUCH that they become hams! I'm bordering on ham with this one:

We are getting ready to fly tomorrow to be in Alberta for Christmas. I'm trying really hard not to call it, "Flying Home" for Christmas, because this is our home. But those are our people...so tomato tomaato, right? (Seriously, it's obviously tomato, because how does one actually spell tomaato?)

Logan and I made a few stops today, to drop of gifts and keys to friends and pick up fun things to do on the airplane from the dollar store. Dollar store prizes are awesome. Just sayin'.


Part of Tyler's job to get us ready was to fix the portable DVD player for the 2 hour car ride to Ottawa. A bit of wire, duct-tape, a few extra screws here and there (after COMPLETELY disassembling the thing...I admit, I was skeptical), our DVD player seems to be working great. So now I won't have to listen to two hours of screaming...mine.

Max came home today with all kinds of cards and goodies from his class. Christmas in JK is awesome. Best of all, he brought home a gift for me. And it is the sweetest gift ever. Those JK teachers really know how to get a mom. A little handprint Christmas tree. I love it.

We've eaten out the last two nights, so we don't have to fill our fridge with perishables before we leave. Last night, the kids chose Denny's. Denny's. So we went with it, and turns out, Tuesday nights, kids eat free...so that was a happy bonus. Tonight, we did pizza...and pizza requires a purple, tissue paper cape, of course.

Hooray, we're on our way. Tomorrow. I can't believe it's already here. Here's hoping I don't forget anything...and that everything I have packed with fit into our little car for the trip to the airport. Phew!

1 comment:

Jake said...

After looking at the picture, I can't believe Tyler actually fixed that. Have a safe trip.