Saturday, December 10, 2011

A Brunch for the Branch

Today was our Kingston Branch Christmas party...a brunch. (Good idea Tyler). It was fantastic and fun. Tyler and I spent the majority of our time in the kitchen, but we had our own little party in there with the Roberts' and Sandy Cunningham. And Lucy.
She was an all-star French Toast chef today! "I'd take the heel of white toast before brown toast any day!" We learned that there is a colour-bias when it comes to French Toast...at least among the kitchen staff.

The highlights of the party were as follows:

Story time with Santa:




Sitting on Santa's lap (this was a highlight for the kids...I did not participate in any Santa lap sitting):



Candy Canes:


The best was when I was putting Logan to bed for his nap and we were talking about Santa and all that happened and he tells me that Santa gave him: "Canny, from his purse." I guess Santa's Sac qualifies as a purse.
Christmas crafts:

A horse-drawn sleigh ride:


Tyler is carolling in this picture - Frosty the Snowman, I think.

It was difficult to get a picture of the kids on the sleigh ride, because they spent most of their time looking at the horses.


Petting the horses: (Sauve, the ladies man, and Sam, the wing-man. Sam was friendlier)


Singing Christmas Carols (in the sleigh and with the congregation).
And finishing off the brunch with a baptism. A pretty great day. Tonight is the Family Medicine Christmas Party, so Tyler and I are renting a babysitter and continuing the festivities. Trouble is? It's 2pm and I'm exhausted! Fortunately, at this party we will be served instead of doing the serving.
Love me a Christmas Brunch!

No comments: