Monday, October 31, 2011

All Hallow's Eve


Halloween is seriously one of my most favourite times of year. I don't know why. Costumes and Candy and my birthday...it's just ALL awesome! I get excited to see my kids get so excited. This year, Lucy was a butterfly fairy. Originally it was just a butterfly, but she has recently started reading the Rainbow Fairy book series and so the costume had to incorporate a fairy. Grandma helped her do her make-up and hair so she would be just perfect.

We had our friends, the Larocques join us for trick-or-treating.


Max was dressed up as a Cobra Ninja. And Logan was a chicken. He kept shaking his tail feathers. It was so cute. He was really excited to dress up and go outside, but I'm sure he had no idea what we were doing.

At every house, Max would say, "Mom, look how much candy I have!"

We hit our neighbour's houses first. It was fun to trick-or-treat and see familiar faces. We went to the first house and held out our bags and they were filled with candy. Once Logan saw this, he was in. You could see that he became very aware that this is probably the best day ever. He was determined to hit every house and to carry his bag up there to get his share of the candy. And he said thank you at every door. So cute.

It was BEAUTIFUL out too, which totally made our day. I love trick-or-treating in nice weather. THAT is a treat. And our neighbourhood is awesome. Man, people go all-out here for Halloween...I need to step it up for next year. Apparently my typical pumpkin and skeleton decorations just won't suffice. One neighbour had a haunted garage, and the other had a pirate's lair set up in their garage. We had so much fun on our street.

The kids were always leery of statues that made sounds or moved. Checking them out carefully. We did both sides of our street, and about 2/3 of the way up the street that runs across from us, before we were all exhausted. And the bags were BULGING. I can't believe the handfuls of candy people were handing out. Crazy! This candy will last us forever, I'm sure! Partially because we got a whole bag of candy for Logan and he will not be allowed to eat much of it. But he did munch on some chips when he needed a break.
And since then, I keep hearing, "Mommy...a canny?"

No comments: