Sunday, October 16, 2011

Hodgepodge

We recently updated our iPhones with the new OS. Exciting, I know. But what this means is there's new things to play with. My brother uses our iTunes account. Yes, we know you do. The reason we know you do, is whenever we update our phones, suddenly we have apps that we didn't purchase. One such app, is Fat Face. It's funny. So I tried it. This is my fat family:



The kids had Taekwondo on Thursday. They got their DoBach's. Look how cute these ninjas look.

Logan wanted to try on a Dobach too...so we let him. Then he walked around saying, "Hiyah!"

My kid's are hilarious. Sometimes they drive me crazy. But mostly they're hilarious. While eating a fantastic stir-fry dinner, the kids were commenting on the size of Logan's bites verses their own. Max claimed that his mouth was the biggest. Lucy argued that she was the biggest person, therefore, the biggest mouth. So they decided to measure. The easiest way to measure, is not to get something big and see who can fit it in their mouth, or even...measure. Just stretch that mouth open wide and compare.

The next day, I had some laundry out. Folded, ready to be put away. The boys and I had been playing in the tent and having a camping adventure. Then they discovered the laundry. This is what boys do with clean laundry:

Thank goodness it was clean. Underwear makes the best wrestling masks. And dad's socks are perfect gloves.

On Wednesday evening we made apple pies. It's a tradition at this time of year to make apple pies. This is the first time I did it WITHOUT my mother-in-law. It wasn't the same. And I did call her once to check something. We don't have all the fancy do-dad's, either. No pastry cloth. No apple corer/peeler/slicer. No 15-man assembly line. But the pies turned out great. We limited ourselves to 6 this time. Tyler made it his Young Men's activity too...so we had a little help.

Next Saturday is our District Hoe-Down. There's a homemade pie contest. I think I'm going to enter. Because these are the best pies I'VE ever tasted.

This week has been cool and rainy. We discovered a new after-school park. The spider park. Not really made for Logan, although he had fun. Plus we played Hide-And-Seek behind the bushes.


What else? Queen of pout:

Tyler cleaned out the garage yesterday while Lucy and I went for haircuts. Now we can park in the garage. Hooray! It makes me nervous, but hey. Now I just have to clean the basement from all the stuff that came in from the garage! We also started hanging pictures on the wall. Our house is slowly looking like a home.

We had some friends over Friday night for a games night. It was a blast. Lots of laughing.

This weekend was district conference as well, which we loved. I got my new temple recommend. And I got to lead the primary choir for conference. They did great. Good little singers.

And this was my drive home from my temple interview. I love the fall. Someone was having a bon-fire, so it smelt all roasty-toasty as well.

There you have it. My hodgepodge.

He's so handsome.

No comments: