Friday, October 28, 2011

Phantom Bat

Someone on our street started a "Phantom Bat" pixie party last week. Basically, you know on someone's door with a bag full of halloween goodies and run like heck so you don't get spotted. In the bag you find dollar-store decorations, etc, and a note that tells you you've been visited by the Phantom Bat and that you need to do the same to two other people on the street within a day. Give them a copy of the letter, and the picture of the Phantom Bat to hang on their door so other participants know who's been batted (is that a word?), and who hasn't. So we obliged. It was SO fun.

The kids loved going to the Dollar Store to find cool halloween things. The dollar store is heaven for children. We filled two bags and set out to surprise our neighbours. The two houses we originally planned to get were already gotten, so we went to plan B. Each of the kids got a chance to ring the doorbell and run. Adrenaline and giggles.

As the week has progressed, we have spotted more and more Phantom Bat signs going up on doors and windows.

In our loot bag? Halloween stickers, a candy bowl, tattoos, a flashing pumpkin, and a bag full of spiders webs, spiders, centipedes, etc. The kids have loved playing with all the stuff. Sunday afternoon I opened my "Plastic Dishes" drawer to get Logan a plate for our pancake dinner and discovered some plastic spiders and centipedes...haha, cute. Probably Logan's doing, so not malicious. Just coincidental.

A few days later I go into my bathroom. It's late. I'm heading to bed with a quick stop. Decided not to turn on the light because I'll be quick and turning on the lights is wasteful. As I walk past my tub, I see something out of the corner of my eye.

I know it's not real, but it still creeps me out. Again, probably not malicious...but eww. And, come on kids! Give a mom a break.

We've decided our street is awesome, and we're going to plan the 12 days of Christmas. Happy Halloween!

1 comment:

M said...

Your block sounds like so much fun!!