Thursday, October 20, 2011

More Randomness.

On Sunday evening, we drove Tyler to the train station so he could head out to Toronto for 2 days. Apparently this will be the trend for us in the next little while. In the month of November, he will be sleeping away from home 17 nights. See you in December Tyler...

He's heading to Montreal, Banff, Ottawa, and Toronto. Business travel is not as glamourous as one might think. But at least he gets to see our families when he's in Alberta.

The kids enjoyed going to the train station and seeing dad off. Well, Lucy and Max did. Logan was not impressed when Tyler got on the train without him. He's not impressed when Tyler does anything without him. We sent a goodbye picture to Dad.

While he was gone, and the kids were at school on Monday, Logan was my super helper. We cleaned the house, got groceries, and made buns for dinner. We made a mess making the buns so he helped clean up. How long do you think I can milk this?

Tyler and I were fasting all day for a friend in our branch who was undergoing surgery. It is so much easier to fast for someone else. Every time I got hungry I would think, I can't give up...Greg's in surgery RIGHT NOW.

The kids had Taekwondo again on Monday evening, and then we came home, had some crackers and practiced talks and songs for the Primary presentation. We said goodnight and I watched some mindless TV for a bit...hoping I would be tired enough when I got into bed to fall asleep quickly. I don't sleep well when Tyler's not here. He may be a blanket hog, and a tornado turner, but at least I sleep with peace-of-mind.

On Tuesday the kids and I decorated the driveway for Tyler's welcome-home. It was cool outside but still pleasant. He didn't get home until after 11pm, but said it was an awesome way to be welcomed home. It was a good thing he saw it, because it rained over night and washed our artwork away.


The kids and I also painted Terra-cotta pots to look like pumpkins. I was so paranoid about getting paint on anything (tables, chairs, walls), that I ended up with a LOT of paint on myself. Oh well. Logan was not impressed with everyone else painting and not him, so we carefully set him up too.

Now Tyler is home again and things are complete. People are at work, school, and home...exactly where they're supposed to be.

Today, Max, Logan and I played hide-and-seek. I nearly busted a gut when I came out and saw Max like this. So clever.

We started to run out of hiding places though.


It's been a fun few days. Taekwondo again tonight. District Party on Saturday evening. No school on Monday (we'll probably head to the local library), and Grandma comes in a week. We're all getting pretty excited for visitors. Plus, our Primary Presentation has been moved from this Sunday to next, so Grandma will be here to watch the kids. Hip-Hooray for that!

Alright, that's the end of my randomness...again.

No comments: