Monday, April 25, 2011

Twice the Chocolate = Twice the fun...right?

Living so close to both families always makes the holidays super full and super awesome. Two Easter Dinners. Two Easter Egg Hunts. Lots of Grandmas and Cousins and family to hang out with. Lots of chocolate.

Yesterday we went to my parent's house after church for Easter dinner and hunt. The kids had a blast. They decorated cupcakes, and easter eggs. These things are really nice ideas, but super messy. But I guess that's what being a kid is about (repeat that 3 times).

The hunt lasted quite a while because we had 102 eggs and clever aunties and grandpas kept re-hiding eggs that had already been found. I think we ended up finding 95 of them.



After the hunt, the kids decided to get into the "Fancy Nancy" box my mom has for them. Lots of feather boa's, and sunglasses and bracelets. Max and Logan try to pick out the 'coolest' and most masculine items so they can join in the fun too. Max looks like he's ready to debut his first rap album: "I need a safe place for my weed".

And with Logan's white pants, he looks like he's ready to jump into his Barracuda with Cheech Marin and save the day.

Today, the day is spent with the Williamson side of the family. Janeen is home from Utah, and Kari and Barrett are here for the week. We had pancake breakfast, which has become a tradition whenever the whole family gets together. Lucy and Max insist on it. Then the kids decorated an Easter House. (More Candy).
All went well, until we started applying the blue icing, which turned out to be TOO runny. My attempt at creating a window on the house looks more like a sadistic skull. I imagine if Hanzel and Gretle had seen that, they would have thought twice about entering the Candy-covered house. I did my best to make it look like an Easter Egg.

Tonight we're going to Great-Grandma's to have dinner and another egg hunt. She asked to have it there because she's in the process of selling her place and figures this will be the last Easter, and probably the last holiday at her place. I try really hard not to think about "the last time" but it's hard. With us moving away, this will probably be our last Easter with everyone for a while. We won't be able to make it home for EVERY holiday, and Christmas will be a given, which means things like Easter, Halloween and Thanksgiving may be no-goes. It's sad, but at the same time, I look forward to creating our own new traditions. Turkeys, hams, and roasts will be my responsibility now. (That's pressure!)

Mr. Logan was up a number of times in the night last night (why?). And as a result I'm pretty laid up today with a sore back. Back pain is pretty annoying. I don't know of much else that makes you feel older, faster. Of course, I have very little experience with pain or injury or sickness except for back pain. But it does give me an excuse to sit on the couch and blog instead of doing something else. (I was going to say 'more productive' but this is my journal, and I have been commanded to keep one, so I try not to feel guilty for taking the time...one day my posterity will thank me...I think).

We also enjoyed hearing updates from my brother and his wife about their new baby boy. Callum Michael Bourne. Born April 23rd. I can't wait to see him in person. His pictures are so handsome. Now the count-down is on for the next Bourne-boy to make his appearance. I bet Callum knows when he's coming...but he's been a bit busy during his awake time with eating right now...

No comments: