Saturday, April 23, 2011

I need a safe place to store my weed...


Since Tyler is in work-mode again, the kids and I have been creative with our time...again. The sun has been shining the last few days, which has me VERY excited. Although I look at the 6-day forecast on my iPhone and I still see snow, which sucks. Grandma and Papa are out of town, driving to Utah to get Janeen, so the *farm-work* has been left to us. (There really isnt a lot). The kids and I have been down to the sheep twice to feed them. They love it. (The kids AND the sheep). We bring our bucket of grain and the sheep go nuts. Logan points like crazy and Lucy and Max bring their *wheat* (dried out wild-grass) to try to entice them. They dont notice that the sheep corral is FULL of *wheat* that the sheep are tired of gnawing on.

Max: *Mom, I need a safe place to store my weed.*

***************************************************************************************************

We took a trip to the town library. We have lived here for 5 years and I have only been to the library one other time, and that was just because I forgot to write down a grocery list for a apple cheesecake I was making, so I stopped at the library to use their internet. (This was before iPhones...did such a time exist). Sad, I know. My kids love going to Chapters, so I dont know why I didnt think to take them to the library sooner. We read story and planned to get a few books, but all the ones we were looking for were out. Bummer. We just finished reading Charlottes Web and watched the movie. (The original version - hey, maybe we will watch the new one tonight!)
We were looking for James and the Giant Peach, but no such luck. So we ordered it on Amazon and are waiting very impatiently.

I dont understand how librarians expect little kids to be quiet in a library when they fill the kids section with risers (perfect for climbing and jumping off of), pillows, cool pictures, and TONS of awesome books. The *shhhh* was used many times. That is probably why the kids section is way out of the way of the rest of the library. Smart.

We have done some easter shopping and decorating. Looking forward to Easter dinners.

Yesterday we went to DQ and got a cone and picked out Lucys Birthday cake for next weekend. I would describe the cake that is so PERFECTLY *Lucy* but I will wait, because a picture is worth a thousand words...and typing a thousand words takes a lot of time.

Today, we decided to play outside in the dirt for a while and then this afternoon we headed for a dip in the Hot Tub. It has been TOO long since I visited that place. It was wonderful. Especially thanks to my friend Tanya for a great suggestion on a bathing suit at Walmart. Comfy, yet cute. No, I do not post pictures of myself in a bathing suit.

The kids had a blast. Logan was a bit nervous and unsure why we were wearing clothes in the tub, but got into it eventually. Lucy and Max wear water wing, even though the water is only chest height. And, did I laugh when Logan found THIS McDonalds toy and called it *Dada* the whole time we were in the hot tub...yes, I did.

Now I am cooking a ham and waiting to hear if my new nephew is here yet. Spring...thanks for joining us.

*Yes, my husband has pointed out the irony of eating ham and watching Charlottes Web. Oh well. This is Some TASTY Pig.

No comments: