Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Logan


I haven't posted much about my littlest man recently. It's hard to think about him and not feel a whole gauntlet of emotions, so I mostly don't try. I remember feeling this way with Max when he was a baby. When Lucy was a baby, I began writing in a journal all about her and what she was doing and getting into, because I wanted to keep track. I promised to do it with each of my kids. I started with Max, but then found myself so full of negativity, that I didn't want to record it. I kept hoping things would get better and I didn't want to remember the bad stuff. It's been much the same with Logan. When I look back at photos I have of Max as a baby, I can conjure up happy feelings and thoughts and memories that seem tucked away somehow. Most of it is a blur until I actually can put a photo in front of my face and I go, oh yeah, I DO remember that. I'm hopeful that the same will come with Logan as well. But, in case my memory just keeps getting worse and worse, I thought I'd write a bit. He is a worm. He squirms constantly. There is nothing about my boys that equates to sitting still. Even when they are doing quiet activities, like playing blocks or if Max is looking at a book or coloring, there is some sort of movement involved. "Sit Still!" is a phrase I use a lot. Logan likes to accompany his need to move with his need to make a lot of noise. Grunting, groaning, moaning, screeching, laughing, and most recently, a lot of 'ma, ma, ma, ma,' or 'blah, blah, blah'...and the occasional 'da, da, da!' always at high volume. My mom has always told me that I was a very loud baby. I guess Logan is my equivalent. I also had a sensitive digestive system, as does Logan, and it took me forever to sleep through the night...most because of my digestive system. It appears to be the same with Logan. So it's incredibly frustrating and feels a bit like fate. Most of the time when I do get frustrated with my kids it is because they are displaying some sort of emotion or behaviour that reminds me so much of either Tyler or myself. I guess it's sweet justice, or a tender mercy on our parent's behalf.
Logan is almost 7 months old now. He is eating solid foods and just this week seems to finally be enjoying it. He's gotten really good at sitting up on his own, and only falls every once in a while. He likes to play with toys and has figured out how to schooch himself in a circle while he's sitting. He loves it. I'm sure crawling will not be too far off.
Spitting-up is still something we deal with constantly. Bibs and burp cloths are a must. But he makes up for everything with his bright eyes and happy smile. It's his saving grace most times.
One of the best things is seeing how excited his brother and sister get to see him. They are constantly asking questions about when they were babies.
It's pretty great...we live moment by moment.

No comments: