Friday, September 3, 2010

Again

So I'm without my husband again. He's off to the Bishop's Youth Retreat for the night. And strangely, I'm not as nervous or anxiety ridden as I was last weekend. Maybe that's because last weekend is so fresh in my mind, and I know I was able to (somewhat) handle that; or maybe because it's only a few hours tonight and a few hours tomorrow morning, and he'll be back; or maybe, just maybe I'm growing. Doubt it. The kids and I have an awesome evening of pilsbury mini-pizzas, a movie, icecream and chocolate planned. They're both really tired from getting up early today for school, so I imagine they'll be asleep by 8pm. Then Logan and I will chill for a bit till he goes to bed and I get to enjoy my chick-flick again. This weekend, "My Life in Ruins" with the same girl from My Big Fat Greek Wedding. Not a blockbuster, for sure. Probably not even that great, but it'll do for my chick-flick fix.
Plus, I'm pretty excited for the "Back-To-School" dinner I have planned for Lucy for tomorrow evening. So I'm focusing a lot of my extra time and energy on that. I'm a bit of a Food-Network junkie, and I have great ambitions to one day be a fantastic cook. It's a slow process, but I'm working on it. Tomorrow we'll be having some of Lucy's favorites: BBQ pulled pork, buns, baked potatoes, beans, broccoli. Maybe this should be the "What begins with B" meal. I just realized that.

No comments: