Sunday, August 22, 2010

Sharing Time

Last Sunday, Lucy had the opportunity to give a talk in primary. The subject matter was: Jesus Christ is the Son of God and He is a God of Miracles. We talked about her talk for a few days and then sat down to write it on Thursday. I sat with pen and paper in hand, and she basically dictated to me what she wanted to talk about. It started like this: "Lucy, you're talking about Jesus and his miracles, can you think of any of his miracles that you'd like to talk about?" "Well, my family is a miracle." "True, but can you think any of the miracles that he did while he lived on the earth?" "Oh! What about when he put mud on that blind man's eyes and made it so he can see again?!" "Yes, that would be good." So we sat to write and this is what she said, (it ended up being pretty much word for word what she wanted to say, with very little input from me)

Jesus met a man who was blind. He wanted to heal him. Jesus put mud on the blind man's eyes. He told him to go to a river and wash the mud out. When he washed the mud out, he could see. He wasn't blind anymore. The man was healed because he believed in Jesus Christ. This is called faith. If you trust in Jesus and believe Him and do what He says, you can have miracles too because you listened.
One night, I woke up and it was very dark in my room because my nightlight was missing. I said a prayer and Jesus helped me to not feel scared.
He has given me a family which makes me happier than I would be if I was alone.
I believe in Jesus Christ
In the name of Jesus Christ, amen.

She was so proud of herself as she sat at the front of the primary room waiting for her turn. She went up to the mic with her dad and basically read the talk herself. Before she got up her primary president sat beside her and asked if she was nervous, and she said, "NO, I'm so excited!"
The best part for me, is the fact that I don't remember ever telling her that story about Jesus, which means she must have learned it in primary, or somewhere similar, but she remembered it and understood it.
She's a great girl. Such a strong understanding and testimony in someone so young.

No comments: