Saturday, August 21, 2010

Highlights

Well, this has been an amazingly full, fabulous, and frenzied weekend. We have hit a moment of calm, so I thought I'd organize my thoughts a bit. I probably don't have enough time to make a commentary on everything, but I thought I'd at least record some of the high points, in case I don't get another chance for a while. Before I get to that, I will put up the disclaimer that the low point was the fact that my old camera is now also not working, so I didn't get many pictures from the weekend. Seriously! The weekend was celebrated with lots of laughter and tears...some of joy and some of sadness, but all in all, there were smiles around and warm hearts.
So here are a few of the highlights...at least for me:
-Watching Sarah and Tyson being sealed together for time and eternity. It always reminds me of my day, and that's a pretty awesome memory. The sealer had some pretty great words of advise and council for them. One thing he noted was how important the 'sealing' power was. He made it known that a member of the twelve come and sets them apart to the calling, but they always carry a 5x7 card that shows that they have the authority to do so...no questions I guess.
-Hanging in the hotel with Lucy and Max. They love staying in hotels. It's so exciting. It means a little bit less sleep usually, but a lot of fun and laughter.
-Dressing Max in his little 'ring-bearer' suit on Thursday morning. I have to admit I got teary. He looked like a miniature deacon and I loved it.
-Having a family photo outside the temple with my whole family (including Logan Alison! I'll post that picture as soon as I get it)
-chillin out at Valda's in preparation for the family dinner. Lucy, Max and Jacob had an awesome time playing with the balls on the pool table.
-watching Tyler and Jason perform their long awaited lipsynq and dance to the song "Sisters" from White Christmas. It had everyone in stitches, especially Sarah - which was the goal, so score for them.
-Dancing with my Max on the dance floor. He gave me a good long cuddle for about 20 minutes.
-Eating crepes. Seriously, they were delicious.
-Hanging with extended family that we only get to see at these types of events. It was so awesome. And exhausting. Sleep is a rare thing at these types of events.
-Having a good conversation with my husband on the way down to the temple. I like those ones. Talking about genetics verses creation. Deep stuff.
-Watching my kids dance together on the dance floor and Lucy planting a huge kiss on Max's lips half-way through a song.
-Tucking my exhausted kids into bed for the night...ah sleep, perchance to dream!
-Delicious breakfast this morning: oven-cooked bacon is the best.
-watching Sarah and Tyson open their gifts. They just kept coming and coming and coming! Lucy and Max loved being little helpers to carrying in all the presents.
(Our gift to them was a copy of the Proclamation to the World on the Family and the card read: Despite claims to the contrary, this proclamation is not written on the Family, but rather on paper - we are hilarious!)
-Coming home finally and unpacking our suitcase. I love living at home. My own bed, my own shower - which still has yet to welcome me - and no more suitcases!
The festivities went a little long and we missed my Grandma's 80th birthday party, which I was really disappointed about, but a SUPER fussy baby can only handle so much, so we opted for a nap instead. I hope she is forgiving and realizes how much I love her. The rest of the weekend will be spent helping Janeen get ready to leave on Monday for BYU. Tears are still pretty near the surface, so this will be tough.
I'm going to have to snag photos from someone's camera, because I just can't handle the no photo blog.

No comments: