Tuesday, August 31, 2010

The Man

I got my police check done today so I can volunteer at Lucy's school if need be. Showed up with my driver's license and hoped that would be enough. Turns out you need to know your address...your actual address, and when you're rural, it's not an easy thing to know...plus the address of your child's school, plus the teachers name, plus what my tasks will be when I'm volunteering. Can't the police just know all this already? Didn't they know I was coming? Why do I have to be the one to know everything ALL the time?! I was pretty stressed sitting in a barred-off entry way of the police station with three noisy kids. Turns out they're pretty nice. They told me I could phone in my rural address or bring it in later. I guess I still have my fear of authority figures.

No comments: