Sunday, August 22, 2010

Grateful

I'm grateful today for a good Sabbath day. I had a lousy night last night and thought about not going to church...that would be justified wouldn't it? Instead I dragged my butt out, and I'm glad I did. Our Bishop shared a few thoughts with us during Priesthood/RS and they made me do a lot of thinking. And then after church, our home teachers came and shared a message about the temple with us. They told us that when their kids turn 12, they try to have some family names ready to take to the temple so their kids can have the experience of doing baptisms for family. I thought it was a great idea. As we were talking about temples, Max walked over to a bin in the kitchen that has some of his dad's young men's stuff and pulled out a Duty to God book with a picture of the Salt Lake Temple on it and showed it to us. I am grateful that the types of materials we happen to have laying around the house are wholesome. Satan would have us believe that someone so young probably isn't paying much attention to his surroundings, so we don't need to be worrying about being careful, but it is quite obvious that he does pay attention. That bin has been in our kitchen for about a week, and we've walked past it repeatedly, and I knew what was in it, but I never thought about the fact that my kids would be paying attention to what was in it. The Bishopric handed out pictures of the Calgary Temple today, and I'm looking forward to hanging them in my kid's rooms and around our house so they can see them often.

No comments: